Confused/Frustrated, need help with servo shield

Need some help on a project you are working on or got stuck on a tutorial? Post your questions here.
cuthbertsj

Confused/Frustrated, need help with servo shield

Post by cuthbertsj » May 2nd, 2018, 12:56 pm

Hello all,

So I have been really struggling to get this servo shield to work. I started using the Lucid IDE and kept getting errors so I switched to the ISE. After much effort i managed to get the servo shield to output a PWM. And its beautiful. I have it hooked up to an Oscope and I can watch the pulse width changing, its quite magical. I followed the tutorial for servos using Verilog. the one where the servo should move back and forth.

Where I am getting lost and having issues is, when i actually plug a servo into the servo shield my output signal goes crazy weird. I have talked with my professors and we cannot figure out why it is doing this. Possibly feedback of some kind, really not sure though.

I will atatch pictures of the waveform before and after the servo is plugged in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am graduating soon and this is part of my final project. Please help me.

Thank you,
Joe
Attachments
MOJO before.PNG
MOJO before.PNG (5.21 KiB) Viewed 859 times
MOJO After.PNG
MOJO After.PNG (8.72 KiB) Viewed 859 times

cuthbertsj

Re: Confused/Frustrated, need help with servo shield

Post by cuthbertsj » May 7th, 2018, 10:59 am

After much trial and error I have determined I need a pulldown resistor. is there a way to do this in the board? or do I need an external resistor?

Thanks,
Joe