JScript runtime error

Need some help on a project you are working on or got stuck on a tutorial? Post your questions here.
MicroManager

JScript runtime error

Post by MicroManager » April 26th, 2018, 4:59 pm

I finally got Xilinx's ISE and the Mojo IDE set up and uploaded a sketch through ISE and the creation of a .bin file through the builder.

However I'm trying to build a sketch using the Mojo IDE and my builds error out every time. I've tried to build multiple given examples and they all show the same error. This is what is displayed in the bottom status window during a build-

****** PlanAhead v14.7 (64-bit)
**** Build 321239 by xbuild on Fri Sep 27 19:29:51 MDT 2013
** Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2013 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

INFO: [Common 17-78] Attempting to get a license: PlanAhead
INFO: [Common 17-290] Got license for PlanAhead
INFO: [Device 21-36] Loading parts and site information from C:/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/PlanAhead/data/parts/arch.xml
Parsing RTL primitives file [C:/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/PlanAhead/data/parts/xilinx/rtl/prims/rtl_prims.xml]
Finished parsing RTL primitives file [C:/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/PlanAhead/data/parts/xilinx/rtl/prims/rtl_prims.xml]
source {C:\Users\Me\Documents\mojo\Test\work\project.tcl}
# set projDir "C:/Users/Me/Documents/mojo/Test/work/planAhead"
# set projName "Test"
# set topName top
# set device xc6slx9-2tqg144
# if {[file exists "$projDir/$projName"]} { file delete -force "$projDir/$projName" }
# create_project $projName "$projDir/$projName" -part $device
# set_property design_mode RTL [get_filesets sources_1]
# set verilogSources [list "C:/Users/Me/Documents/mojo/Test/work/verilog/mojo_top_0.v" "C:/Users/Me/Documents/mojo/Test/work/verilog/reset_conditioner_1.v" "C:/Users/Me/Documents/mojo/Test/work/verilog/blinker_2.v"]
# import_files -fileset [get_filesets sources_1] -force -norecurse $verilogSources
# set ucfSources [list "C:/Program\ Files/Mojo\ IDE/library/components/mojo.ucf"]
# import_files -fileset [get_filesets constrs_1] -force -norecurse $ucfSources
# set_property -name {steps.bitgen.args.More Options} -value {-g Binary:Yes -g Compress} -objects [get_runs impl_1]
# set_property steps.map.args.mt on [get_runs impl_1]
# set_property steps.map.args.pr b [get_runs impl_1]
# set_property steps.par.args.mt on [get_runs impl_1]
# update_compile_order -fileset sources_1
# launch_runs -runs synth_1
[Thu Apr 26 13:58:40 2018] Launched synth_1...
Run output will be captured here: C:/Users/Me/Documents/mojo/Test/work/planAhead/Test/Test.runs/synth_1/runme.log
# wait_on_run synth_1
[Thu Apr 26 13:58:40 2018] Waiting for synth_1 to finish...
C:\Users\Me\Documents\Mojo\Test\work\planAhead\Test\Test.runs\synth_1\rundef.js(25, 1) Microsoft JScript runtime error: Invalid procedure call or argument

*** Running xst
with args -ifn "mojo_top_0.xst" -ofn "mojo_top_0.srp" -intstyle ise

The error is in bold, once all of this text is displayed the build gets stuck and never finishes. Canceling the build causes the IDE to crash. What is wrong with the JavaScript and why is this happening?
I haven't found any relevant help online and I followed the instructions on embeddedmicro's website to install the ISE.

embmicro
Site Admin

Re: JScript runtime error

Post by embmicro » May 9th, 2018, 11:42 am

What version of Java do you have installed? It wouldn't surprise me if ISE broke with the latest version. Maybe try installing an older version to see if that works?

MicroManager

Post by MicroManager » May 9th, 2018, 11:58 am

I've got Version 8 Update 171.
It's probably the latest version as I updated it not too long ago.
However I think I already mentioned that ISE works fine, I am able to compile .bin files using it and the mojo loader to program the FPGA but the Mojo IDE always locks up when I try to build anything using it.
Last edited by MicroManager on May 9th, 2018, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

embmicro
Site Admin

Post by embmicro » May 9th, 2018, 11:59 am

Try rolling it back and see if ISE behaves.

MicroManager

Post by MicroManager » May 9th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Java version 7 is no longer available to the public as said by Oracle themselves.

https://java.com/en/download/help/java_revert.xml

As mentioned in an edit I made to my last post, ISE works fine and I am able to compile .bin files using it and the mojo loader to program the FPGA but the Mojo IDE always locks up when I try to build anything using it.

I don't know if Lookahead is used when building .bin files in ISE, but it seems to be the application that is failing within the Mojo IDE.
I'll keep looking to see if there is a way to rollback Java.