stackable headers

Post your suggestions for new tutorials or anything here!
johan

stackable headers

Post by johan » January 6th, 2016, 6:49 pm

I was looking to buy a few stackable headers for my mojo.
I find the shipping rate offered here a bit (understatement) high. The cheapest variant was ~€13 shipping for ~€5 headers. These things are small, don't they just fit in 'normal' mail?

I can not find 2x25 pin stackable headers anywhere else (online, not even in china), are these custom made?
Other options would be cutting down longer or combining shorter ones.

Can you provide a simpler (read less expensive) shipping method for these non fragile and light items?
Or can anyone point to another supplier?

RobertAnthony02

Re: stackable headers

Post by RobertAnthony02 » January 7th, 2016, 11:01 am

Did you check Digi-Key, Mouser, Adafruit, and SparkFun? Between those four I've always been able to find what I need and Digi-Key offers many shipping options.

embmicro
Site Admin

Re: stackable headers

Post by embmicro » January 7th, 2016, 4:17 pm

The vast majority of our orders ship in a small box, which is the shipping price you're seeing. Our system doesn't currently have a way to set up special cases for header/pcb only orders. However, if you send us an email (support@embeddedmicro.com) with your address and what you want to order, I'd be happy to get you a quote for the cheapest shipping and a coupon code for that price.

Digikey does sell similar headers, but they charge an arm and leg for them (if you want I can go look them up). I think they want something like $4 per header.

We do have them made to order.

EDIT: It doesn't look like Digikey stocks them anymore, and they want $9 a header for the 2x25 ones.