Simplified Mojo Arduino Installation

otzen42

Simplified Mojo Arduino Installation

Post by otzen42 » October 16th, 2014, 10:11 pm

I am still trying to get Linux to recognize my Mojo (new VM instal...), but I believe that you should be able to greatly simplify the "Setting Up The Arduino IDE" section if you follow the procedure used by Sparkfun for the Arduino Pro-Micros in this link https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/pr ... okup-guide.

I modified the boards.txt file in your download to include only the Mojo section, and then put it, the boot loaders folder, and the variants folder in my Sketchbook folder (in a subdirectory called hardware). Now when I open the Arduino IDE I see the Mojo as an option in the board listing. Then all I had to do to modify the Arduino install was to copy the 3 files into the cores/arduino directory.

For convenience I also downloaded the latest mojo_loader.ino and put it in a folder in my sketchbook/libraries folder so that I can open it from the examples list in the Arduino IDE. Be sure to put it in a folder called "mojo_loader" so that Arduino recognizes it as a sketch since that is the name of the .ino. I chose to stick that in another folder called Mojo to give it a clean name in the list of examples.

As I said I am still working on getting the Mojo to show up in my /dev to test this fully, but I think it should work (it works for the Pro-Micros). I'll post back if I get a chance to verify it.

Now all that is left is to get the mods to CDC.cpp and USBCore.cpp worked into the main Arduino install, and all that users will have to do is download a .zip and stick it in their sketchbook/hardware directory.

embmicro
Site Admin

Re: Simplified Mojo Arduino Installation

Post by embmicro » November 24th, 2014, 2:46 pm

This is an awesome tip!

Some of the CDC and USBCore edits got merged into the main Arduino install but they seem reluctant to add the edits for serial port callbacks. I'll try to create a new pull request for it and if it get's accepted I'll migrate the process to just dumping the zip in the hardware folder.

embmicro
Site Admin

Post by embmicro » February 13th, 2015, 3:56 pm

I just wanted to say that this is now a reality! If you use the Arduino IDE 1.6.0 you can imply unzip our plugin into you sketchbook directory and it should be good to go. Check out the Arduino IDE setup page for more info https://embeddedmicro.com/tutorials/moj ... duino-ide/

otzen42

Post by otzen42 » February 15th, 2015, 11:48 am

Awesome! I have been meaning to check out 1.6, I'll give this a try.

dkeuth

Post by dkeuth » April 2nd, 2018, 10:25 am

How to program Mojo V3 using Arduino IDE 1.8.5?

embmicro
Site Admin

Post by embmicro » April 4th, 2018, 9:59 am

Currently only 1.6.5 is supported.

dkeuth

Post by dkeuth » April 4th, 2018, 7:07 pm

I've tried to burn the bootloader via Arduin uno with Arduino IED-1.6.5 in Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, but it says the programmer is not responding.
Please see the attached MojoArduinoLinux.png.
Attachments
MojoArduinoLinux.png
MojoArduinoLinux.png (443.07 KiB) Viewed 1063 times