My Quantum Computer using Light and the Mojo

Projects you are planning or working on with the Mojo
qbitrex

My Quantum Computer using Light and the Mojo

Post by qbitrex » February 6th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Here's a video of my latest experiments using an analogue circuit, the Mojo and General IO shield to simulate a 12 qubit (24 bit) quantum register implemented as a clocked JK flop.

The basic theory for my Proof of Concept device I am building is digital data will be converted to light using blue LED's that will then interact through a series of right angle prisms and a beam splitter cube in which the quantum calculation will take place then be converted back to an electronic signal for output.

An LED can be used as a light detector I successfully tested a green LED by connecting it to the FET Gate and Source in forward bias mode. Although it's in forward bias mode it won't light up as no current is flowing through it. When light falls on it it acts like a capacitor and switches on the FET.

The Proof of Concept device will require four Mojo's one controlling the light entering and being detected at each face of the beam splitter cube lying along the beam splitter axis of the cube.

Each Mojo will control 64 blue LED's acting as either transmitters or receivers. A quantum computer must satisfy the requirements of reversible computing so the Q and Not Q energy output of any gate must be accounted for.

In traditional computing the Not Q output is ignored and the energy of it's charge is allowed to flow back to Earth and wasted. In my theory Quantum Computers work on on the Unary number system the qubit is in an unknown state of being simulataneously 0 and 1 at the same time, until it is read as either a 0 or 1. The Q output represents the real number and Not Q the imaginary number of the Unary Qubit.

The qubit is simulated as a rapidly toggling set of two LED's each one turned on and off by the state of the Q and Not Q state of the clocked JK Flop, when the illegal metastable state of the inputs J & K both going Hi or 1 at the same time.

A LED is not a coherent source of light but classified as black body radiation. This simplifies my QC design by not relying on cryogenics or other exotic detection systems. By concentrating on position alone will allow the momentum of the parcel of photons to remain unknown according to the uncertainty principle which makes Quantum effects so powerful and at the same time so hard to use in the current way QC is being attempted by the the major players.

https://youtu.be/zsLIeznxH7E