Mojo capable of multiple lane high speed data acquisition?

Projects you are planning or working on with the Mojo
uncleiroh

Mojo capable of multiple lane high speed data acquisition?

Post by uncleiroh » March 22nd, 2016, 9:53 pm

I am interested in interfacing multiple photodiodes with the mojo. I will have each diode attached to a 3 Msps ADC at 12Bits, the max frequency to acquire all the data is appearently 48 MHz. Would the Mojo be able to handle 5+ lines at the same time, or is it limited? I'm not sure what the limitations of FPGA boards are yet.

I basically need to pack and send data over a SPI interface at 60Hz for exactly what time the photodiodes had significant activity in each frame, down to the microsecond, so it basically will just need to process the data. I don't need to do much with it, I just need to process it in a way that a raspberry pi or microprocessor can handle more appropriately, which I'd send the packed data back to the raspberry pi via SPI or something, which won't need to be very high bandwidth. I'm working on a timing project based on the HTC Vive.

embmicro
Site Admin

Re: Mojo capable of multiple lane high speed data acquisition?

Post by embmicro » March 23rd, 2016, 7:16 pm

You should totally be able to do this with a Mojo. You shouldn't have any trouble connecting multiple ADCs as long as you have the pins for it (and there are a lot of those). You can even play with the clock speed to get whatever speed you need (up to a point).