Video overlay Module

Projects you are planning or working on with the Mojo
ThomSirveaux

Video overlay Module

Post by ThomSirveaux » April 18th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Hey guys,

So, this was actually a project I had at work, but due to budget cuts and what not, was cancelled and I moved onto something else.

As such, I'd like to work on a simple little design that would enable a user to either output a HUD or other overlay onto live video, giving the MOJO applications in hobby robotics and UAVs.

More advanced users would have full pixel control and may implement the systems as they see fit, but for the time being, I'll just work on getting the shield and board together.

TheWorstLED

Re: Video overlay Module

Post by TheWorstLED » April 25th, 2013, 9:49 pm

That sounds really cool, actually. Was the original intention robotics?

ThomSirveaux

Post by ThomSirveaux » April 27th, 2013, 3:48 am

Actually, I can't really discuss the original intention; My old job would be very cross if I discussed what it was being integrated into :p

ThomSirveaux

Post by ThomSirveaux » May 28th, 2013, 11:14 pm

Alright, sorry it's taken me a while to update this project, but I'm getting married in a month, so that "project" kinda takes precedence.

I'd like to find out a few things from the community, the first being preferred I/O for the video, so I may focus my efforts on utilizing those:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1z31l3o ... Q/viewform

If you'd just go vote, I can take things from there, but be aware that this probably won't get much traction between now and July (when I'm getting married).

The preferred timeline is such:

Initial design laid out - June 2013
Beta runs created and sent out for testing - August 2013
Final product released - October 2013

I'll have a more "professional" looking workflow done this weekend, when I have more time.

Thanks for looking!