v2 generic usb driver not recognized

General discussion about the Mojo
aeolian

v2 generic usb driver not recognized

Post by aeolian » May 13th, 2013, 5:50 pm

Received my MOJO. Plugged it into usb port. Light come on but no generic driver pops up.

leictreonaic

Re: v2 generic usb driver not recognized

Post by leictreonaic » May 13th, 2013, 6:27 pm

http://embeddedmicro.com/tutorials/the- ... ojo-loader

What OS are you Running?

Go to link above. When you download the Mojo-Loader the driver is included. Then follow the instructions on that page to point to the driver.

aeolian

Post by aeolian » May 14th, 2013, 8:25 am

Sorry bout not specifying OS. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. I already downloaded the loader and found the driver but the OS is not picking up the device when I plug it in.

aeolian

Post by aeolian » May 19th, 2013, 11:44 am

I am still trying to find out what OS the generic v2 version of the MOJO driver was written for. I tried Windows Vista 32 bit but that did not work either.

embmicro
Site Admin

Post by embmicro » May 20th, 2013, 10:06 pm

The .ini file included in the Mojo Loader is just a modified version of the one included in the LUFA library. It isn't much of a driver at all but rather it just tells Windows to use the CDC driver it has built in for the Mojo.

I've tested it on Windows 7 Ultimate (don't think that makes a difference) 64bit without problems.

aeolian

Post by aeolian » May 21st, 2013, 10:59 pm

Thanks for the information. My problem is that when I plug the board in the system does not recognize that any new hardware is plugged in. I have the Mojo driver and know how to swap it out. The problem is I don't have anything listed in hardware under "other". The board powers on and the leds are sequencing, the reset works, but nothing is recognized by the system. Usually "new hardware found wizard comes up when something is plugged into a USB port. That does not happen.

leictreonaic

Post by leictreonaic » May 21st, 2013, 11:46 pm

I guess try another USB port. I have windows 7 ultimate as well. I just did a clean install of the OS and when I plugged in the Mojo it popped right up in the device manager. Once again I pointed to the driver folder and it's all good again.

So you have power but no data? Is it possible you are on a charging port only?

aeolian

Post by aeolian » June 1st, 2013, 4:15 pm

The problem was with the cable.. Everything's working fine now except the verification failed error posted elsewhere on this board..