V2.2 Mojo board compatiblity

General discussion about the Mojo
Stevef

V2.2 Mojo board compatiblity

Post by Stevef » April 27th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Greetings everyone,

I was given a vsn 2.2 board a while back and have just got round to using it. I have three questions. Firstly is it compatible with the I/O shield? Secondly what is the difference between it and vsn 3.0? Lastly do you have a distributor in the U.K. Or E.U.?

For learning about FPGAs I will be using "Programming FPGAs - Getting started with Verilog " by Dr Simon Monk. Hopefully the board I have will be good enough for this. My main interest is Ham Radio and hopefully I can learn enough to do some Software Defined Radio work.

Regards,

Steve

embmicro
Site Admin

Re: V2.2 Mojo board compatiblity

Post by embmicro » April 27th, 2017, 2:50 pm

I assume by V2.2 you simply mean V2? The V2 was sent out over the kickstarter campaign but pretty quickly replaced with the V3. The only differences are the shift to the ATmage32U4 (instead of 16U4 even though some had 32U4s) and the stronger USB port (the V2 ports could be broken off fairly easily). Other than that they are electrically identical although you will need to flash firmware updates to the AVR differently or update the bootloader to the Arduino version.

We have a distributor is Germany http://www.exp-tech.de/Mainboards/Mojo- ... Board.html

Stevef

Re: V2.2 Mojo board compatiblity

Post by Stevef » April 28th, 2017, 3:50 am

Thanks for the rapid reply. I thought my board was a vsn 2.2 because the PCB has MOJO V2 18977-1679 Rev 2 on it. Luckily it has the Mega32u4 processor on board. I will order up the I/O shield .

Thanks again,

Steve