Mojo IDE always asking to update

General discussion about the Mojo
yabapolido

Mojo IDE always asking to update

Post by yabapolido » February 8th, 2016, 9:07 am

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest version. On startup it's always asking to update libraries (Win7), either I choose Yes or No, it always asks the same at the next startup.
Any chance to stop this?

Also, do you plan to add Verilog templates/examples instead of having Lucid only?
Thanks

wide-eyed

Re: Mojo IDE always asking to update

Post by wide-eyed » February 13th, 2016, 8:34 am

I had the same problem. It was because the mojo-ide folder did not have write permission for the user using it. It will ask to update, and if you say yes it does not indicate an error, but it can't really do anything, so the update is never performed and it asks again next time.

embmicro
Site Admin

Post by embmicro » February 17th, 2016, 12:43 pm

The IDE should launch one of those "get permission" dialogs when trying to update, but now that I'm thinking about it, if you aren't the admin it probably will fail silently. I assume that both of you were running with a user that doesn't have admin rights?

We're planning to add a base module template for Verilog in the next major update and some example projects too. The major focus is on Lucid though.

yabapolido

Post by yabapolido » February 21st, 2016, 2:55 pm

embmicro wrote:The IDE should launch one of those "get permission" dialogs when trying to update, but now that I'm thinking about it, if you aren't the admin it probably will fail silently. I assume that both of you were running with a user that doesn't have admin rights?

We're planning to add a base module template for Verilog in the next major update and some example projects too. The major focus is on Lucid though.
Although my user has admin privileges, I've run Mojo IDE as admin and does the same (Windows 7).

I understand the template structure now, I've already ported Hello World :) :)

embmicro
Site Admin

Post by embmicro » February 23rd, 2016, 9:09 pm

I'll have to look into this more and see if I can't reproduce it.

While it's pretty straight forward to add your own templates (simple XML edits), make sure to save your edits elsewhere too be cause library/IDE updates will nuke the library directory.