Image Capture

General discussion about the Mojo
smithh

Image Capture

Post by smithh » November 17th, 2015, 6:58 am

As per your request for help with the Image Capture project I would very much like to help, if I could find the project. Could you give me a hint as to where you hid it?

Hugh

embmicro
Site Admin

Re: Image Capture

Post by embmicro » November 17th, 2015, 5:24 pm

Hey Hugh,

We actually got the bug fixed that was causing trouble. But if you would like to still play with it, you can find it as an example project baked into the latest version of the Mojo IDE. To access it, go to File->New Project and then under "From Example" choose "Image Capture". Your new project will be a clone of the example project.

Also note that you will need to update the firmware on your board for it to work (Tools->Flash Firmware).

Justin

solidstatesoul

Post by solidstatesoul » November 23rd, 2015, 8:40 am

HI Justin,

Thank you for all your work on this, I have really enjoyed using the mojo in projects.

I'm currently trying the image capture, but hit a bit of a snag.

I don't have a camera shield, and currently it is not available. To address this I have been wiring in my camera directly to the board on pins 16 to 51 (with V+ and GND). When I tried to edit the ucf, it wouldn't let me, and when I made make my own ucf and copied the same details as in the camera_shield.ucf it wouldn't build. The errors seem to around swapping pin 94 for pin 34 for pclk, with an error message about the clock dedicated route.

It said to add in the following line to the ucf:
<NET "camera_pclk" CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE = FALSE;>
I did this and had a successful build! I loaded it and got my first pictures!

I thought it might be best to post on this in case anyone else had similar problems.

MY SETUP: Mojo V2, SDRAM shield, OV2640 camera

Kind Regards
Damion

embmicro
Site Admin

Post by embmicro » November 24th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Thanks for posting that. The pclk input with the camera shield goes to a dedicated clock input pin, but if you plug it in directly to the header it doesn't, so it fails. The clock only goes to one place so you don't really need the faster clock routing resources (important for minimizing skew) and doing exactly what you did should be fine.